In Ireland most of people use Facebook, Twitter, My Space and so on. However, in China there are some social media tools as well. I am going in to talk some of them as follows.
Talking about Social Media in China QQ is the first one I want to describe. QQ was developed by Tencent Inc.. It is very popular in Mainland China, excluding Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. The number of simultaneous online QQ accounts exceeded 100 million in February 2011, QQ.com ranked 10th overall in Alexa's internet rankings just behind Twitter ranked 9th. As I known, just very few of my Chinese friends doesn't have QQ account. Today QQ is not only work for online instant messages, but also have a lots of functions, such as QQ Space, Web QQ, QQ Games, QQ Anti-virus, QQ music, QQ browser and so on. I used QQ to chat with my friends everyday and sometimes I use QQ games to spend my leisure times. Actually I don't chat everyday on QQ, just open up it when I start my computer, it becomes on of my habits.
My QQ ScreenShot
The next one I think my Chinese friends always use is RenRen.com, it used be named XiaoNei.com. RenRen means "everyone network", XiaoNei means "on-campus network". I think XiaoNei changed its name into RenRen because they want their users to be wider not only the college students, because it is just popular among college students in China. RenRen is similar as Facebook, but it only start from Dec, 2005. In my opinion RenRen is not that normally used for business as Facebook. I think it has some reasons. Firstly, the users are most from college students. Secondly, advertising or open an official site on social media is not that popular in China.
My RenRen ScreenShot


No comments:
Post a Comment